A MUST Read For Golf Travelers
Why are golf holidays in Santa Cruz so special?
Golf holidays in Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal are incredibly special to those who have gone there. The region of Madeira is a sub-tropical region of Portugal located in the Atlantic Ocean. Santa Cruz is one of the major regions. There are a number of reasons that people love to visit the Santa Cruz region for golf holidays; here are a few of the most popular.
- The climate is one of the best in the world. Even though there are not distinct “seasons” in this area, the weather remains mild throughout the year, which makes for perfecting golfing conditions whenever you decide to visit.
- Santa Cruz is a small, quiet, quaint town that many people love to visit whether they are golfing or not. It feels like “home” to people from around the world.
- Madeira is far away from mainland Portugal, and is quite remote. Some of the areas of the islands are hard to get to, but Santa Cruz is not. It’s near the Funchal airport, which is one of the major airports in this collection of islands.
- Santa Cruz is relatively inexpensive. The restaurants and bars that you find throughout the town offer amazing food at reasonable prices. You can choose from many different types of food as well; if you’re craving it, you will probably be able to find it in Santa Cruz.
- Santa Cruz has two very popular golf courses, Palheiro Golf and Santo da Serra. The Vila Gale Hotel, which is the most popular hotel in the area, caters to both of these golf courses and can offer great packages that include tee times.
- Due to the remoteness of the islands, the Santa Cruz golf courses have beautiful, natural landscaping that is unique to this region, making the experience of playing on these courses almost magical.
- You don’t have to worry about people keeping you up all night. Unlike other popular vacation areas, Santa Cruz doesn’t have much of a night life other than a bar or two that stays open past 11. Peace, quiet, and serenity are at the core of this island’s lifestyle.
As you can see, golf holidays in Santa Cruz are very special and unique. More people are making the decision to visit the Santa Cruz area for their golfing holidays. They come because they want to experience the unique culture, beautiful climate, and calm atmosphere that the Madeira region, specifically Santa Cruz, has to offer.